All photography provided by Fatemeh Rafi and Olivia Sanchez
Why Plume + Pulp?
I am a Los Angeles based crafts(wo)man and I have been a special education, middle-school teacher for the last 10 years. As much as I love teaching, it was not enough of a creative outlet for me, therefore, I created Plume + Pulp in June, 2017, because I am passionate about creating things and founded this company as a creative outlet and to finally start showing people the things that I make . Crafting has always been a hobby of mine since I was a child and it has morphed to what it is today. I started off making things for myself and making decor and paper goods for friend's parties. When I decided to attempt this as a side gig, I primarily created signs for establishments and did calligraphy for weddings in the form of envelopes and place cards. I have since then started creating my own products and started teaching workshops. I am proud of the progress that I have made in this 3 1/2 months and use all these opportunities as a learning experience. More than anything I am so pleased to that I was able to take my interests and pursue it into more-than-a-hobby and would love to showcase my products at the Renegrade Craft Fair. Please see the photos below of my products from my most recent trunk show at LA County Store.
I make all my own products. Some of the products that I am currently creating are Shibori dyed bandanas, seed bead stacking bracelets, handcrafts cards, mantra marble, carved Palo Santo and woven tapestries. As much as possible I use eco-friendly products. These items are a product of what is created when a human being is fueled primarily by coffee and dark chocolate. :)
What i've Achieved
- Work for NYX cosmetics for grand openings by designing train cases with custom hand-lettering
- Chalk signs for Kreation Juicery on West 3rd street
- Chalk signs for Surfcore Fitness on La Cienege and Airdrome
- Brush Lettering workshops at Landis Stationery on 10/1/17 & 10/10/17
- Upcoming tapestry workshop at Makers Mess on 10/10/17
- Trunk Show at Los Angeles County Store on 9/16 & 11/25
- Calligrapher for startup planner company - It Starts With You
- Products currently carried at: LA County Store in Silverlake & Alegria Bazaar in Larchmont Village